Godin 5th Avenue Uptown GT Overview
By introducing the exclusive Godin 5th Avenue Uptown GT, the brand makes an input worth recognizing, it creates the ultimate American archtop guitar for modern player at a remarkable affordable price, going from $1200. As its name states, this Best Electric Guitar nominee for the 2011 Music & Sound Awards comes with a fantastic Gloss molded arched-Top (GT) for both its versions Solid Black and Trans Red Flame and semi-gloss sides and arched back. Adding to its rockabilly looks classic details like the cream binding and f-holes on each side, and also the contoured headstock.
For its cutaway body construction, there are three different versions, Canadian Wild Cherry on the top, sides and back for the Solid Black model or Flame Maple top, Canadian Wild Cherry back and sides and Canadian Wild Cherry core for the Trans Red Flame model. Common to both models, Silver Leaf Maple neck and Ebony fretboard.
As mayor assets for its electronics, its high-ratio tuners on the headstock, two Custom Godin Humbuckers on the neck and bridge, a Bigsby Tremolo tailpiece and a Graphtech’s adjustable roller saddle Tusq bridge. On the controls, a 3-way switch with two knobs, one for volume and for one tone.
A short list of specs for the Godin 5th Avenue Uptown GT guitars as follow:
- Finished with high-gloss custom polish top w/semi-gloss back and sides
- Build options: Canadian wild cherry top, back & sides (Solid Black), Flame Maple top with Canadian wild cherry back, sides and core (Trans Red Flame).
- Molded arched back and top, carved with 2 F-holes
- Silver Leaf maple neck w/contoured headstock
- Ebony fretboard
- 3-way switch with controls, 1 for Volume and 1 for Tone
- 2 Godin Custom Humbuckers
- Bigsby Tremolo tailpiece
- Graphtech adjustable roller saddle Tusq bridge
- 24 3/4″ Scale
Check the available models: